Friday, November 26, 2010

Smoked Salmon!

A whole jar of smoked salmon! And it's mine!


I haven't decided what to do with it yet, but I am more than receptive to suggestions. It has smoke peppers in with it, so hopefully it's a little bit spicy. I'm currently thinking of a smoked salmon burger with some nice sauce, but I haven't really decided. It was a gift from someone Papa Bird works with, who says it is Alaska Red Salmon, caught, cured, and smoked by his family. I will admit I don't know how to fish, or do much with it, but it sounds absolutely amazing. But the bird family is migrating to PA for the weekend for a baby shower, so I won't have time til next week.

I also didn't take many pictures during Thanksgiving because I didn't want to explain it to my family, but I'll share with you what I made and how well received it was. Sadly Sister Bird was sick and only got to enjoy a bit of pumpkin pie.

I won't go into what I have to be thankful for, but rest assured, it is a lot. Mostly my wonderful family and friends, as well as my job. But enough about me. What I have to be un-thankful for?

Apparently when our dog gets turkey, she also gets terrifying gas. Despite how cold it is (37 degrees!) outside, I'm sitting next to an open window because it's the only way the air is breathable. Pity us.

No comments:

Post a Comment