Friday, November 19, 2010

Food is for sharing, until it's on my plate. Then it is MINE.

Almost time for Thanksgiving, which I am taking a slightly more active role in than I normally do. Normally I do nothing. This year Mama Bird has asked me to help pick out recipes, since I seem to take such a joy in doing that. So far I have been pushing the use of a slow cooker. Mama Bird has mostly rolled her eyes, but she will see things my way.

This isn't a real post, it was a test to see if I could really post an entry from my phone. so Sorry about that. I can send pictures that way! No idea what the bandwidth on them is, but I don't really see that becoming much of an issue.

I need to actually get that picture of a bird changed. Cause that was the laziest photoshop-ing I have done in a really long time. It's not even done. That's how lazy I got. You don't even know.

This weekend I am planning on cooking up to 6 people Mongolian Beef and Apple Dumplings, based on their success with my CthulhuTech play group. Boyfriend Bird said the beef was one of the best things I've ever made, and the group liked the dumplings, although I don't think we finished them. From being full, the dumplings being too sweet, or what I am not sure. But I liked them, and that's enough of a motivation to cook them for me. I still don't know if I'm cooking on Saturday or Sunday, which is admittedly frustrating. I also don't know if 4.5 pounds of flank steak will fit in a slow cooker. Boyfriend Bird's is a six quart, so I think we'll be fine.

Time to return to work, fare thee well short foray into food. Tonight I dine on pizza bagels.

No comments:

Post a Comment