Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Smoky hummus!



This is a ridiculously easy hummus recipe. Although honestly, all hummus is easy once you've made it. I posted about it a while ago, but didn't have any sort of recipe to share, so I decided it was time to experiment again until I could come up with this.

Sister Bird loved this hummus. As in she would go out and buy me the ingredients for it so I would make it for her. Now that she's back at school, I guess I won't be making it as often, but that's only because I know I'll be the only one who ends up eating it, since Papa Bird hates anything that has curry powder in it, and Mama Bird claims it's too spicy.

They're both wrong, it's delicious.

Smokey Hummus
(Makes 5 servings, with 178 calories and $0.60 per serving)

  • 5 cloves garlic
  • 15.5 oz chickpeas, half drained
  • 3 tablespoons tahini
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
  • 1 teaspoon Frank's red hot
  • 1 teaspoon sriracha
    1. Mince garlic.
    2. Combine everything in food processor.
    3. Blend until smooth, adding additional liquid from chickpeas if hummus is not smooth enough.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment