Sadly, I don't have any pictures of the muffins that don't have the necklace, and none of them came out terribly well, so... I wish I had realized that before I ate all of the muffins. The necklace is gorgeous, and can be found on Lisa Leonard Designs. Her pictures of it are much, much better!
And please, I already have been informed of the irony of a bird wearing a bird necklace.
As for the muffin... well, I am not a big fan of bananas, so it amused Mama Bird that I would opt to make muffins with bananas. Especially since I had to fight Papa Bird for the bananas, which caused some tension for a few days. But she makes delicious banana bread, so I knew I liked banana flavor, just not something else about them.
These were much more successful than the cherry muffins. I'm not a huge fan of when I get a bite that's all banana and no strawberry, but I'm sure normal people who like bananas would disagree with me. Even with my disdain for bananas, I thought these were pretty delicious, and they will be staying in the breakfast rotation.
Recipe from A Pookie Pantry.
(Makes 17 muffins, with 140 calories and $0.25 per serving)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together brown sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, and mashed bananas.
- Add applesauce and melted butter and stir to combine.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Gently fold in the strawberries, making sure they are coated with flour .
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes.
- Bananas: sometimes acceptable.