Thursday, February 10, 2011

Chicken that was too drunk....

A while back, I found a recipe for Tequila Chicken. I saw it and immediately was excited for some reason. I'm not a big tequila fan, so I have no idea why I thought I'd like this. I didn't even question the recipe until I had put the chicken in the marinade, and thought to myself 'my, it smells a lot like alcohol in here.' A full cup of chicken for three breasts was probably a bit much.


But I went for it anyway, and Boyfriend Bird came over to taste my food, intrigued by the idea of having tequila for dinner. It didn't smell bad, so we were encouraged.

I took one bite of it, and made a face. He didn't. I think he was trying to be respectful, since I was just really getting into cooking. Then I tried to take another bite, and just admitted 'wow, this isn't enjoyable at all.' I don't think my dog wanted any either.

He agreed with me that it was just much too strong, and inedible. So with a heavy heart, and empty stomach, we tossed it. And then went out.

No comments:

Post a Comment